and now I’ve moved on, largely inspired by the receipt of a whole bunch of fabric samples from an awesome guy who runs a textile agency down the road from me …. thanks, Peter. Again.
So, I found a brilliant tutorial on how to make a simple shrug-type bolero here, and that’s what I did last night.
I used a much thinner and silkier type of fabric to the woolly one, and I also fiddled with the measurements a bit (my first effort was too tight over the bust). But I’ve ended up with something that perfectly satisfies my three basic sewing requirements: 1. user-friendly 2. cheap and cheerful; 3. pretty damn quick to put together.
And yes, it IS very hot and sunshine-y in Cape Town again today.
Back soon x