After the success with this one, I moved on to the four dining chairs with drop-in seats (the two chairs that go at each end of the table are made in a different style but the seats didn’t need recovering anyway). They have/had pretty needlepoint seat covers but they’re getting shabby, plus I was still looking for things to STAPLE with the GUN.
An aside: I decided not to remove the original needlepoint covers before recovering with the patchwork, although this is obviously what a professional would have done. There may be a time when these chairs will go and live somewhere else, in which case my fabric can easily be removed. There’s no way that undeserving people will get to enjoy my pretty patchwork stripes and labour (long story, beyond the scope of this blog post)…
I know I shouldn’t boast but I really really love how these turned out :)
So do I! They’re so fresh and pretty, just gorgeous.
Thanks. I’m very chuffed with them, and am now casting my eye around the entire house to see what else I can cheer up with a bit of “modern boho”. Heh…..
An excellent plan. Treat your eyes to a feast of colour…
Very bright and fresh and modern!
The room really needed the update!
I love your fresh new covers! I also love that you left the needlepoint in place. Someday you or someone will be glad to have it.
Thanks! And that’s a good way of looking at it :)
Well, I love that needlepoint, but I love your new seats just as much! Nice you left the originals in place. Especially if you plan to keep the new covers lol. I like that the new ones are similar but different; so striking! Now if it were me, I’d be thinking of a table runner in the same design . . . And maybe a complimentary stripe on my dining room curtains. But that’s me . . .
Yip, I’m thinking pretty much along the same lines (no pun intended) – all that is required is (a) more time and (b) more energy! Getting there…..:)
They look fabby!
Thanks! such fun to do :)