I happened upon this bracelet in a recent purchase of a random bag of beads from someone on Facebook. In between the silver bands it had a big horrible metal sticky-up thing with a plastic pearl stuck on top. I asked Andrew to remove it, knowing he’d have some sort of tool perfect for the job (his double garage is more of a workshop, it’s fabulous).
The cream fake-snake stuff was coming apart on the inside but I liked the shape and I really liked the metal clasp. I decided Something Could Be Done With It.
And so – after some wrapping using craft glue, strands of DMC embroidery cotton and some silver Madeira ribbon, and with the clever manipulation of a toothpick (so as not to get glue all over my hands and the desk – I have something rather attractive and wearable. I’m quite pleased with how it turned out. #colourmehappy Stay safe and sane out there, everyone :)
It’s been a bigger and far messier job than I’d anticipated, but progress is definitely being made:
An unforeseen problem with convoluted water pipes has forced a couple of changes from the original plan, and Anwar has had to pop out quickly for different taps. I’ve been to Plumb Crazy twice in the last couple of days and I’ll be happy to never see the inside of it ever again so I was delighted when he offered to go, prompted no doubt by my wretched expression. Bathroom fittings do not excite me in any way.
You will notice the very pretty handpainted tiles (above the toilet) that were a gift to the previous owner from her sister-in-law, on a trip to Portugal, so I’m happy that we’ll be able to leave them intact.
Another unforeseen problem was the self-removal (!!) of huge chunks of plaster from the adjacent wall, when the new doorway was being banged out. Luckily Anwar’s crew can turn their hand to a range of jobs, so the wall was replastered and skimmed almost immediately.
And when I saw how nice that wall was going to look, I asked Maanie to do the whole room. Luckily the sun is shining, so it shouldn’t take more than three days to dry out properly.